Friday, August 5, 2011

The grass is most definatly greener on the other side.

Oh how I never want to leave this place. It's been gettin a little crazy here at Wild River the trips are pumpin out about 35 people per trip with full days and dinners on a regular. Peoples spirits are up because everyone seems to be gettin work. I've been starting to finally figure out when I leave gods country and it's looking to be around the 27th. I already have no ambition to sit in a class room and get lectured about shit. Hawaii seems to be the next adventure for the field study class I signed up for. Thats all a month away still. The river is at a perfect big water kayaking level so a bunch of us from work have been hittin that up on the daily after work. Started testing out a new AT paddle which I instantly fell in love with. It's nice to have a giant playground 15 min. away from "home". Since the water is dropping alot more boulders are starting to show their teeth, meaning the rapids are becoming alot more technical to get through. Hence why diamond dave rammed his 16 footer sideways into a rapid called jaws. He pinned for about 5 min before getting through the center slot and slicing a solid 5 inch gash in the side of his boat. After 3 swimmers in the morning and 2 in the afternoon he was def. havin a rough day. Nothing like beer can't fix so we drank it off and so did the boss man. I can't stop lovin on this place. Def. gonna mark it up on a place I could eventually call home. The search for a stand up paddle board is slowly diminishing because the more I look the more expensive they start becoming. Might have to wait till home but the Chip def needs to be boarded. On deck for a full day that most likely won't happen. So I'm out and back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment