Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight Float

About two nights ago we went on a midnight float. The day started with a half day trip, a fun run in kayaks, then we got on the water for the midnight around 12:30. There was a solid full moon out but we we're in the canyon so it was still extremely dark. The odd thing was that although the water seems really cold during the day it was suprising warm which made a wild run. We didn't end up getting back until 3am which made for an interesting and boring 10:30 trip ha sorry goobs but you were lame too. Glad we got to go before I head out for the summer which is winding down mighty quick. Speaking of which the buisness is dying down by the day. No 9:30 scenic, 10:30, or 12:30 half days. You know the summer's winding down when its already beginning to get cold up here. The nights are getting around 45 at night. My air matress is also offically dead and only holds air until about 1am. I'm getting fairly far into the Lewis and Clark book Meghan and bought me. That along side the rafting book its been keeping me away from the bar. The more and more I got to the bar the more I feel it is completly useless to get hammered, spend money, and wake up feeling like shit. As far as winter boating goes I hear Costa Rica has alot of rivers to run and it's been in the back of my mind to try and get a month long job down there for something to do during winter break.  Time keeps chuggin along, I'm off to a 4:00 half day with 4 goobs. Riggin a stern frame, the paddles are just for showwww.
Our outpost on Highway Two


No comments:

Post a Comment